Setting out floor tiles
Movement joints should be provided as follows:
1. Over movement joints in the background.
2. At a junction between different background materials.
3. At fixtures interrupting the tile surface e.g. columns.
4. At internal vertical corners.
5. Around the perimeter of the tiling system.
6. At a maximum of 5 metre intervals in a grid pattern.
Note: Movement joints should go right through the tile adhesive bed to the background and be kept free from dirt and adhesive droppings.
Nerang Tiles is a multi award winning tile showroom displaying thousands of quality floor tiles and wall tiles at discount prices with exclusive in store tile discounts available. Visit Nerang Tiles today for expert advice and to see the largest range of floor tiles and wall tiles in Queensland.